Open Source Integrated Observing System Software
A central repository of reuable code which can be used for geospatial
observing systems merging data collection, management and products
solutions with ocean observing systems (OOS).
Categories of code that may be placed at this project.
Area for php code.
- Instrumentation and Telemetry
- Data Collection and Parsing
- Data Storage
- Visualization and Analysis Products
- Transformational products or services (various bits of code
that connects or glues other products together)
- Other (the default catch-all)
Update August 22, 2005:
Some community links:
Also a code repository for Seacoos solutions is available at
- Bulletin Board - a bulletin board for community discussion and exchange on a variety of topics
- TWiki - Twikis are a flexible, powerful, secure, yet simple web-based collaboration platform. Also for community discussion and exchange on a variety of topics.
And a draft documentation/cookbook on the Seacoos MapServer GIS and PostgreSQL/PostGIS database efforts are at:
A beginning effort has been made to provide a shared online sourceforge cvs for the Meta-Door metadata web application system. The application has been developed using Java/Struts/Hibernate running against a PostgreSQL relational database(although the SQL code should be non-database specific). The underlying table schemas could also be used for development towards other non-Java specific interfaces(php,etc) or a variety of xml schema exports.
The home page for the Meta-Door project is at the following link
With developer notes listed at
and a online viewable CVS at